Is there a polite way to tell your own mother to stop making excuses and get a job because you feel more like a loan officer than a son?
Spent the day watching a Simpsons marathon and playing Mariokart. It was like I was ten again, but with an acute sense of existential loneliness and a greater awareness of my own mortality..
Today I stayed in all day. For someone who grew up in a Californian desert I have a surprisingly low tolerance for the weather. I’d rather turn the air conditioner up to eleven and close the blinds than endure even a single ray of summer heat. Dark and cold is the way I like it, like all self-respecting hermits do.
As far as noteworthy events, I cut my hair (from 1/2 an inch to 1/3 an inch) showered, and had cereal, two pop tarts and a breakfast bar. Watched a few movies; Aladdin, Robbin Hood, The Great Muppet Caper, an episode of Frontline about the Vatican, and the 1967 movie adaptation of James Joyce’s Ulysses. All recommendable.
I did some animating and some drawing, succeeding in disappointing myself at both. It’s 10:05pm now and I’m just realizing I haven’t eaten since breakfast, besides a few cookies and half a tube of Pringles. Strangely I’m not even hungry, but that’s probably not a good thing. I’ll go find something so I don’t pass out suddenly.
emotionally-comatose said: It's the nice thoughts chain! Once you get this, you may say ~5 nice things about yourself if you are so inclined, and please consider sending this to ~10 of your favorite people on here.
I guess I’ll do this..
1. Good memory. I can play any song on piano after hearing it a few times and taking years of piano lessons.
2. Compassionate. Once In GTA 5 I blew a pedestrian’s car up and then stole a fire truck to put the fire out…before I ran them over with it.
3. Environmentally conscious. I don’t drive, so that’s helping the environment AND saving lives.
4. Prepared in an emergency. I know what to do during a zombie apocalypse. Carry a flamethrower and use children as diversions/bait.
5. Generous. I often daydream about giving money to the poor.
I’ve been so tired lately. Everything feels heavy and I just want to sleep all the time. I also have a cough that seems to be getting worse every day and causes a stinging in my chest when I go into a fit. It’s a miserable feeling when your insides and outsides are both equally unpleasant.